Main properties of glass
These are the main characteristics of glass and back painted glass:
– Solid and hard material
– Disordered and amorphous structure
– Fragile and easily breakable into sharp pieces
– Transparent to visible light
– Inert and biologically inactive material.
– Glass is 100% recyclable and one of the safest packaging materials due to its composition and properties
Glass is used for architecture application, illumination, electrical transmission, instruments for scientific research, optical instruments, domestic tools and even textiles. Glass does not deteriorate, corrode, stain or fade and therefore is one of the safest packaging materials.
These properties can be modified and changed by adding other compounds or heat treatment.